UNR College of Business dean Greg Mosier didn’t pull any punches on the Feb. 10, 2010 edition of Nevada Newsmakers, saying that until the state gets smarter about making kids smarter, don’t expect a massive influx of business from California or anywhere else. Some of the points highlighted during the show segment included statements concerning low college graduation rates (statewide), tax issues, and problems with incentives for businesses to migrate to the Reno area. For anyone thinking about starting a business in Nevada – specifically the hot green/environmental market – what are the incentives to start a business here, as opposed to another state? Check out the show, linked above, and make your comments here. Is Mosier correct?
- Meatless Mondays and Tofu Thursdays
- Energy Sort Game
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) – Reno and Tahoe
- Being a green minority…
- Tahoe City Terrain Park – An Environmental Plan
- “Riding the Green Wave” – Live from Lake Tahoe Eco Symposium
- The Green Chamber of Commerce
- NV Energy – The Rise of Electric Vehicles
- Climate Change – What is 350?
- Green Business in the Sierras